Tuesday 1 May 2012

FORGIVENESS


Every man should keep a fair-sized cemetary in which to bury the faults of his friends.
Henry Ward Beecher
Forgiveness of sins is the very heart of Christianity, and yet it is a mighty dangerous thing to preach.
Martin Luther
The degree to which I am able and willing to forgive others is a clear indication of the extent to which I have personally experienced God my Father’s forgiveness for me. The corollary to this is that anyone who is not willing to forgive another has certainly not known God’s loving forgiveness.
Philipp Keller
God gives His forgiveness in a way that will maintain respect for His laws.
Ruth Copeland
I think that if God forgives us we must forgive ourselves. Otherwise it is almost like setting ourselves up as a higher tribunal than Him.
C.S. Lewis
Whenever I see myself before God and realize something of what my blessed Lord has done for me at Calvary, I am ready to forgive anybody anything. I cannot withhold it. I do not even want to withhold it.
Martin Lloyd-Jones
The best testimony that Stephen bore was his last: not when preaching and working miracles, but when he pleaded for his persecutors; for then he most resembled the Lord Jesus in patience, forgiveness and love.
Robert C. Chapman
The wisdom of God has ordained a way for the love of God to deliver us from the wrath of God without compromising the justice of God.
John Piper
God has cast our confessed sins into the depths of the sea, and He's even put a "no fishing" sign over the spot.
Dwight L. Moody
Grace despised is grace forfeited, like Esau's birthright. They that will not have Christ when they may shall not have him when they would.
Matthew Henry
Night and day I pondered until I saw the connection between the justice of God and the statement that 'the just shall live by his faith.' Then I grasped that the justice of God is that righteousness by which through grace and sheer mercy God justifies us through faith. Thereupon I felt myself to be reborn and to have gone through open doors into paradise.
Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment